Self-Esteem & Assertiveness Skills
We all lack confidence at one point or another. Or find it challenging to speak up for ourselves and share our feelings or opinions. But if you often doubt your abilities, or if negative thoughts and insecurities tend to hold you back from new experiences and opportunities, you may find yourself at a disadvantage. Low self-esteem can impact your work, studies and personal relationships – ultimately preventing you from becoming your best self.
- Trying to please others
- Questioning yourself
- Feeling misunderstood, invalidated, discounted or “not enough”
- Finding it difficult to speak up
- Nervousness about how others will react to your ideas or opinions
- Belief that you’re inadequate, unlovable, unworthy, incompetent
- Negative inner dialogues and self-criticism
- Worrying about being judged, criticized, rejected, making a mistake, looking foolish
- People pleasing
Here’s the truth: You’re worthy, lovable, capable and unique – and you matter. You have a right to be heard, to make your own choices, and to say, “No.” Jennifer can help you develop a plan to strengthen belief in your self-worth, set healthy boundaries, become more assertive and self-compassionate, get rid of self-defeating behaviours, and be more comfortable in your own skin.